1/28/09

YUMMY Dinner

I was checking out blogs the other night and came across this recipe. I thought it sounded good, and it was and soooo easy!!

Chicken Florentine
6 chicken breast - pounded flat
1 jar spaghetti sauce
2 c. cream
1/2 pk fresh spinach - chopped
grated parmesan cheese
1 box or package of noodles

Place flattened chicken in 9 x 13 pan, sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper (too much garlic salt will make it salty). In a bowl, combine sauce, milk and spinach, then pour over chicken and bake uncovered for 35-45 minutes at 350. Stir the sauce and then sprinkle with cheese, serve over noodles. It was so easy, and so good.

Now, once I've made a recipe, I tend to put my twist on things, so here's my suggestions.
You could use as little as 2 chicken breast, or none, you really could make this a veggie sauce so easily. And it's not really necessary to flatten the chicken either. You could use milk if you didn't have cream, I would just use less milk so it wasn't too thin. And I'd imagine you could use the blender and blend your sauce and any veggies to hide them from the kids.
I hope you all enjoy! If you want me to email it to you just ask :)

7 thoughts:

Shelly Kenison said...

sounds so good!

Erickson Fam said...

YUMMY! Guess I know what new recipe I'll be making next week.
Hey, that bakes ziti was ok. It was fun to try something new.

Thanks for passing that on

Anonymous said...

Sounds so so good. Hope your family is doing great. Miss you

joana said...

hey i have all that stuff in my kitchen...i'm totally gonna make it for dinner tomorrow. thanks!

Eli said...

so good! I make this too but i like to use tortellini and sausage (we eat a lot of chicken). keep putting up recipes, though!

joana said...

so i followed the recipe, but instead of putting it in the oven, i put all the ingredients in the crock pot and set it on low as we were headed out the door for church...came back to an amazing aroma of yummy italian food! (instead of garlic salt, i minced 3 garlic cloves) i cut up the chicken after it was cooked so it was in pieces...served it over bowtie pasta, and wahlah...one of the yummiest, easiest dishes ever! thanks for the recipe girl!

Omgirl said...

This sounds good! I love spinach, so I'm going to have to try this. Thanks.

MUSIC