Today I'm feeling the need to share my experience I just had, and introduce all of my friends and family to what I run into while coupon shopping just about every time. With as much affection as you all can imagine me saying, it is M.O.B - Miserable Old Bag!!!! And now for the story.
Russ is out of town, and yesterday my van decided to just die, he thinks it's the battery, I think it's something else. Anyways, Bailey wakes up with a sore neck, being the caring mother that I am, I sent her to school. I did picked her up at lunch time and took her to the chiropractor. She said she's not feeling better, but she seemed fine enough to play at Chick-fil-a, so she went back to school. But before I took her back to school I decided to run a quick errand to the store for a bargain they were having on mac and cheese, the kind with the cheese that never seems to expire that you don't have to add milk or anything to, it's a perfect food storage item. It was on sale for $1, and if you bought 2 you got $1 off your next shopping trip and with my coupons, it was a steal. So I get the 10 boxes they have left but they didn't ring up at the right price and this is when I met MOB. MOB said she didn't know if they were on sale, and MOB didn't have anyone to go look. I was most helpful in pointing out that it was merely 2 aisles over and MOB could check. MOB said she didn't see it on sale. So I decided not to get all 10 boxes and voided that transaction. I wanted to get 4, so I rang them up (self check-out) and then it didn't recognize my coupon, and I was trying to finish up quickly - did I mention that I had Bailey, Garrett, Presley, and Sam? - and I stuck my coupon in the slot without it ringing up. MOB was less than helpful with telling me that if it didn't ring up, then it won't take it, and if I put it in I was out of luck. So I decided to take off 2 boxes, leaving me with 2 boxes, but MOB had to approve my cancelation of those 2 boxes, and then I had the $3 from previous purchases and she had to approve them too. Then I'm still trying to be helpful and asked her where I should put the 8 boxes I was not going to purchase and MOB acted like she had no idea. I'm surprised everyday at how dumb people are, and how lucky I am to meet so many of them and so often too. They seem to take the coupons so personal like it comes out of their check. Jarah never has the chance to meet them, as long as it's the same brand of item she seems to get them, and I get the 3rd degree when I'm using the coupon as it says!!!! I have however decided that perhaps the best time of day for me is when the store is closing. I didn't have any trouble this weekend when I was the last person checking out at Albertsons, Kroger, and Tom Thumb all in one night, and it wasn't crowded at all!
And on the flip side I went to Kohls yesterday, where they price checked something that was even cheaper than I thought. And to top it off I was asked to do a survey of like 5 questions to get 15% off, and the guy was kind of new and accidentally did it twice (30%) and didn't know how to take it off, so he just left it. That was good shopping day :)




4 thoughts:
haha you're great! I know i have to deal with MOB all the time when i am shopping!! Well i hope eveything works out with you car!! if you need anything let me know!
I HATE MOB!!!!!! They always seem to be at Target too. Target has the worst MOB. Seriously I agree, like it comes out of their check! ugh! I agree, night time is the best. It's usually the younger kids working and they just don't care so they ring up every coupon. For once in life it's those kids that I like! I feel your pain.
I agree with Carrie... Target is the place to find MOB's!
Ha, that does seem to happen to you every time. Poor thing.
Glad Kohls worked out so well though!
Post a Comment