I thought I'd just share how busy Jackson was on Sunday, the day of rest. It is his first taste of becoming an adult. He was asked by the Primary to come in and share his thoughts and testimony of the Priesthood since he's a new deacon. So he did during Junior and Senior Sharing time. Then he was invited to attend Bishop Youth Committee in the afternoon- that was an hour (probably because he is the only active deacon for another month or so). Then he had a Board of Review for Scouts in the evening, followed by a meeting with the Bishop. My guys left for the Board of Review around 5:45pm and did not return until 9ish. I was very proud of him for attending to his responsibilities. He didn't want to go to BYC, and we've had this come up a few times where he didn't want to go to Scouts or something, and we ask that he call the leader and tell them since they have prepared for him, usually he ends up going. So he called his leader but he wasn't home, so Jackson decided to go. Then he said it was good.
I've come to the shocking realization that life speeds up as you and your family get older. I even talked with a friend and asked if she felt like she had any "extra" time or "free" time since her children are in school, and she said no, so it was confirmed. I'm not sure if my experience is the same as the other mothers I associate with, but I have a great appreciation for all that they do every day for their children. I am lucky enough to associate with some wonderful women.
2/13/09
Jackson's busy schedule
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 thoughts:
wow, busy guy. I love the idea of having him call his leader if he doesn't want to go. I plan to keep that one in mind as my boys grow! You're such a smart mom!
Crazy - I thought life was busy now, I can't even imagine how crazy it's going to get as they grow.
oh, way cute background btw. :)
Post a Comment