8/29/09

Back to school

Jackson and Bailey started school this week - the week I started this anyways. Jackson is in 7th grade and is going to play football. He's so excited. Bailey is in 3rd grade. Garrett will start preschool the week of Labor Day. He is so ready. At first he seemed happy to be home with Mom, but that wore off quickly. So we invited a friend over on Thursday, and he got to go play at his friends house on Friday. I think I shopped all day yesterday. I was looking at things the kids had said they wanted/needed for school, so I could veto as needed. I don't do the typical "back-to-school" shopping. And the next day was the grocery shopping which is a little more time consuming with the coupons but the amount I've been able to put into food storage is worth it.

So since I started this post Garrett has met his teacher and Bob the Turtle. I was excited to find out that 2 of my friends have had children attend pre-school with the same teacher. Everything else is pretty normal. Jackson is having doubts about playing football, mainly the running part. He has asked to be the general manager, whatever that is. Bailey is 90 mph in every direction. She has the ability to make a mess anywhere and everywhere she goes. She is amazing.
I can't remeber what Russ told Garrett he could do this weekend but it would be after he picked up his toys. I've never seen the toys get picked up so fast! Usually my kids are suddenly near death when asked to help around the house. He is such a funny kid. He found a rock and now thinks it's a "wishing rock" (from the movie Shorts). He wished for a t-rex to eat me today. I really felt the love. He also wished for Jackson to turn into a dung beetle (from the movie). He has this fear of gypsies in the bathroom and now needs someone in there with him when he needs to go. Don't ask me about it, I really don't know. I did tell him today that gypsies have "wishing rocks". I think the wheels may be turning on that one. But he's still afraid, afraid to go upstairs by himself, and afraid to sleep in his own bed, afraid. He also has this habit of watching one episode of Sponge Bob before going to bed. It's really not worth fighting over since they are about 12 minutes long, and then there is not a fight. I've been putting Garrett on the floor next to my bed, and at some point in the night he jumps into bed with us. I figure it's a start.

3 thoughts:

joana said...

gypsies? that is too funny!! i remember jasmine not wanting to go to the bathroom because she thought a snake would come up through the toilet and bite her butt!!ha...kids. and let's totally get together and hang out next time i'm out that way. i'll call you

The Martone Memories said...

That is all too funny. Garrett cracks me up.
Sam starts in his bed and ends in mine, he is such a sneak now, i never even notice it. So, i feel your pain

Erickson Fam said...

oh Joana, that snake thing is freaky! I HATE snakes!

Back to school is a sweet thing :)

MUSIC