Happy Birthday Jackson the BIG 1-3!
It saddens me that he is getting older and every year is closer to him hitting adulthood and have more of his own life and eventually, one day, not live with us. It saddens me more when the kids are all peacefully asleep than when they are awake and fighting.
He is starting to be more responsible.
Jackson is such a good big brother. He plays really well with younger kids, and has started to really enjoy playing with some of the babies at church.
He has recently started doing his own wash. He's been folding and puting his own clothes away for a while.
He's been our garbage man for the last 5 years. I think he may be getting the idea that he's just starting his career of chores that he will be doing for the rest of his life.
He can cook a few things.
I always hear comments about how he is always smiling, and so pleasant to be around. He is a generally happy guy, always has been.
He has a sensitive side too.
He has started to be able to joke around with Russ and I, and he comes up with some funny things.
He does things that remind me of his Dad, and he does things that remind me of his Grandpa who he is named after, middle name.
I love how he LOVES his family. I love that he's not embarrassed by me yet.
I love how he has told me a few times recently that he can't wait to serve a mission. Although that one brings up mixed emotions. I love that he is worthy to pass the sacrament.
He wanted to go to Mideval Times again this year, so I sent Russ with Jackson, Bailey, and a few friends. Then they had a sleep over and played video games the next day.
I hope he has a great day on his Birthday! We love you Jackson!




4 thoughts:
Jackson is SUCH a good boy! I hope my boy is as sweet as he is!
Happy Birthday Jackson!
Who said our kids could grow up and get big? I love all the great things you have to say about Jackson. I think its wonderful that he has hit the teenage years as a great kid. Keep doing what you are doing.
wow a teenager! you're lucky that you have a boy first to prepare you for the GIRL teen drama, it's way worse:)
Post a Comment