3/22/10

Spring Break

Last week was our Spring Break. Ah, staying up late and sleeping in. My Spring Break actually started the Friday before when I went to a Scrapbook Retreat. I'm not so much a scrapbooker (it is a hobby to be) but I tend to take a bunch of things to do and get a little bit of it done. It's fun to get away with friends and have someone else cook the meals and clean up. Go to bed when I want, get up when I want and take a nap or go for a walk any time. On Sunday I came home. I think we just stayed home on Monday. Tuesday we went to McKinney to visit with my Mom. Russ was working from home because he wasn't feeling well. By 3pm, he had text me saying his stomach pains had moved to his right side. I left Bailey and Garrett with my Mom and took Jackson with me. He was in need of some game time on the Xbox. I took Russ to the ER and all the signs pointed to his appendix. It was 11pm before he was off to surgery. This was his first time to have major surgery and under anesthesia completely. They said is was definately his appendix. They were able to do it laporscopicly. He got settled around 1:30am in his room and I came home.
I have the most amazing sister. Jarah is 8 months pregnant with #4 and she kept my kids overnight so I could be with Russ. Then she pretty much kept them all day Wednesday, and even took Bailey and Jackson on Thursday to a Museum. She is amazing! I'm pretty sure no one wants to even be around me when I'm 8 months pregnant. I'm not even sure I'd take anyones kids out of the house on a good day not pregnant either!!
Russ came home Wednesday afternoon. He is getting better everyday. He says he may drive tomorrow. Something about sitting in the car hurts his incisions.

1 thoughts:

Jenni said...

Poor Russ-not a great Spring Break idea either!

MUSIC