Sorry this is mostly about me, feel free to skip this post.
I got my stitches out today, yeah! I was actually running behind, but actually got there early due to the opening of the toll way. So I don't know how much it cost, but I got there pretty fast. It was so weird to drive that high up and see what was around. I remember what that area looked like when I was in high school (just a few short years ago, hehe). I'm getting old. I think when Jackson starts driving I'll need some serious anti depressants and anxiety drugs. For Real!!
Then the laundry marathon continued, as usual. I had a few mountains of laundry to fold since I hadn't since surgery. I washed bedding too.
Then it was time to pick up the kidos. And I did not fix dinner, again. I'm such a bad mom/wife sometimes.
So I thought I would fill everyone in on a little helper I bought. I wanted the swiffer wet jet, but it was more expensive than the clorox one, so I got the cheaper one. It works fine, not as good and the good old elbow grease, but when you only have one hand to use, it's better than nothing. I'm doing great so you can all stop worrying about me. I know you all want to know how what the hardest things to do with one hand are, so here it is (in no particular order): wipping your bum, putting a pony tail in, shaving your legs & underarms, putting your bra on, brushing your teeth (thank goodness for electric toothbrushes), opening cans, making a PB & J sandwich, using saran wrap and writting! I'm thankful I had a quick recovery.
9/8/08
Autobahn, laundry, helper
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 thoughts:
I feel like a total clod! I am sorry that i have not called to check on you. I saw your post about the surgery while I was up in Provo but then I typically forgot about it. I wish I was there to help you-ok I don't think I would help you with EVERYTHING but I can fold laundry. Sorry for being a horrible relative!
Do you usually wipe your bum with two hands? I mean, I don't really need to know, but since it made the list as a hard one-handed event it just made me wonder...you are too funny. Well, I'm glad the stitches are out. Sorry I didn't know about the surgery before. I would have scheduled you dinner or something. Do you have full use now? Let me know if you need anything.
so happy to hear you are getting better.
haha, i was wondering - I don't think i use 2 hands for the bum or to brush my teeth?? hum, maybe I'm more talented than I thought!
I'm glad you are doing better! I should have known better when you said "oh, I'm fine. It was just a small surgery, no big deal." It's still surgery you dinaling!! And you're not a bad mom/wife...I think it's completely normal to have those days where dinner doesn't get made (or maybe that's because it's become more of a natural occurance in our house lately and I'm trying to justify it!) But I don't think so! Look at everything else that got done!
Dearest Sarah and Barbie,
please see "Lefty" post to get full "one-handed" meaning. Today, I challenge you to brush your teeth and go potty only using your hand that you wouldn't normally use. Smarty pants!
Post a Comment