9/20/08

I'm so thankful for SUNDAY

We have been so busy. I'm still trying to adjust to all the kids in different school, right now it wears me out. I'm not alone though so that makes me feel better. I've heard lots of mom's talk about how their "free" time while kids are in school gets filled up with errands and things popping up.

So the big thing coming up is Bailey being baptized. That brings with it family, which means I need to clean the house up, and get B a dress. We found her a dress that she LOVES but I really would like to make her a dress. (so add that to the list) The first dress I made for her was her blessing dress although I do have material that I remember buying with the intention of making her other dresses. I also made her an Easter dress when she was 1 or 2. I love being creative, and I have many supplies with intentions attached to them, kind of like hobby collecting.

So which one of these things sounds most fun, getting a dress right? Now if you have had the pleasure of shopping with B or have heard me talk about it, it's usually something I have to get prepared for mentally and physically. So I surprised her yesterday by picking her up from school and headed to the mall for some girly time as she likes to say. And I'm happy to report that I think I wore her out, she was ready to come home. We walked from one end to the other and back. It was the most fun I've ever had with her shopping. She is a crack up to shop with, she tries everything on, even shirts that may be the same style but different color. I need to remember for future reference that we only looked at clothes for her, and we had something specific we were looking for.

And then today we all had different things going on and it's been crazy, but fun. I did feel like I didn't see the kids much and I missed them today. I was thinking about how that's probably how it will be when they are teenagers. Another reason to cherish them now, even when they are being little stinks, which is a often. Well I'm off to work on the laundry, and more importantly take care of my hurting feet. And so that is why I'm thankful for a calm Sunday with a purpose. It will help all of us refocus and rest up for another wild and crazy week.

Lastly, this is a hillarious Twilight spoof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dompotjTeIA

2 thoughts:

Team Dana said...

Just made it through the big baptism weekend with Claire. I did not make the dress, but I still managed to wear myself out. It took me until this weekend to regroup. :)

The Martone Memories said...

So, did you find a dress! Can't wait for her big day. I have a feeling Presley will follow in her footsteps.

MUSIC