9/9/08

What a day!

Ok, so only 2 things really happened today, that I will mention.
1 - In the spring, our neighbor had a mom and dad lizard their bush, then they laid eggs (i think, they do right?), then they had baby lizards. Then a few weeks ago, Russ moved the bbq from next to the house to the patio, and something ran under it. Russ said he thought it was a mouse or rat, but when he moved the bbq again, it was a rather large lizard. And we have seen it a few times since, but today it scared the crap out of me! I opened the curtains on the sliding glass window and there were 2 lizards there, and then one of them moved. Holy cow!!! And every time I have checked, they are still there between the glass and the screen door. Russ wants to keep them as pets, but I think I'd rather have a mouse or rat.
2 - Drama, I went to a very long PTA meeting. Apparently one member of the board stole about 27k from the PTA, over the course of a year. Now they have none. So we were asked to vote as to weather we give this person a chance to repay in full by the end of the week, and if they don't repay, then they proceed with prosecution, or go ahead and call the DA and start prosecution. We voted by secret ballot, and it was a tie. Then some people left, and we voted again. Again by secret ballot, and again a tie. Then we voted again, by secret ballot, and it was decided that they would go ahead and prosecute. I feel so sorry for this person, they did not mention names, and their family. That's a big mistake that the whole family will have to live with for the rest of their lives. It was very hard to decide which to vote for, and I did not take it lightly. THE END
And now I'm ready to veg in my recliner.

6 thoughts:

The Martone Memories said...

Brad got the message about the lizard, I think they are cool.

And now I know why I am against giving money to the PTA!

Glad to hear your hand is recovering well.

Anonymous said...

We had tons of baby lizards in san antonio they were always getting in the house and you would go to put your shoes on and they would be hiding in them, the bad thing is I would always scream thinking they were the scorpions because we had both and then the kids were scared of the lizards. Hope all is going well and your feeling well

Shelly Kenison said...

What that is so horrible I really hope that all turns out as well as possible.

Erickson Fam said...

ok - where is your pic of the lizards? I know you took a few, I witnessed it.
Crazy about the PTA stuff. You're right, it shouldn't be taken lightly and I'm trying to think were someone would get that kind of $$ in a wk. Probably steal it from somewhere else.

You would rather have a rat as a pet than the lizard? Didn't know that..

Toni Dee! said...

Glad to hear that pta drama isn't confined to one school! And no - no rats please, I don't think I could stomach it! Although, I have a little lizard friend who likes to scare me too!

Anne Gessel said...

Ok, that lizard thing would freak me out too! So much! Oh, and I would hate to have to choose what to do about that whole PTA thing. That is so sad.

MUSIC