6/16/09

Summer so far

This has been a great summer so far. May is always so busy with year end of school for the kids, but it worked out pretty well. There was lots going on, but not too bad. This is my last year with Garrett at home, except for the 3 days he'll be in pre-school. He is so fun. I can see how Bailey has grown up this year. So far she is following in my footsteps and LOVES the babies. We have plenty in our Ward! Jackson did great in Middle school this year. And he's looking forward to playing football in the fall.

Our summer started off with me attending Girls Camp. I have always loved Girls camp, all 6 years I attended. My first year we slept in tents and cooked our food over the fire. I don't remember having a shower other than the water hose, and lots of daddy-long-legs in the bathroom and we swam in the lake. This year we stayed in cabins with A/C, and bathrooms, and had our food prepared for us. The food was questionable, it reminded me of cafeteria food, but we survived. And the girls swam in a pool. Jarah was awesome and kept the kids during the day, and Russ (also awesome!) had them at night, except for Bailey. Russ said her new last name is Lewis, she only spent 1 night at our house. It was a great week, that started out NOT as planned. Our first night there, we spent some time in the bathrooms waiting out a storm. We prayed, played and were blessed and kept safe. Here at the house our fence and some tree branches blew down from the high winds. They also had some power outages. I hear it's the 3rd worst storm in Texas, EVER. All while 6 of the Sisters from our Ward were at girls camp with 20 of our YW. And the next day of camp was not as originally planned since more storms were expected, but didn't come. It all worked out great. We have such a great Ward and Stake. I enjoyed spending time with the Leaders and the youth. It was kind of bitter sweet since I'm not a youth anymore, except when I'm in denial, or having a girls night. So it's just a little bit different to be a leader. I LOVED IT! I got to know the YW of our ward a little better, and they are all wonderful. I couldn't say enough about how wonderful they are. They made being there easy and fun. And I had such a good time with the other leader - she is fabulous! I LOVE HER! I could go on and on.
So that brings us up to date. We have gone swimming a few times and now my kids are all tan! Jackson is off to Scout Camp next week and we will miss him, but I know he's going to have a great time.

2 thoughts:

Penny said...

OH MY GOSH~!!!! Cabins with AC. OH MY GOSH!!!! And swimming in a pool instead of a lake! OH MY GOSH! If our YW camp out here was more like that down there, then maybe I wouldn't hate girls camp so much. I'm just spoiled rotten. My idea of camping is either a travel trailer, bread and breakfast, or a motel.

Anne Gessel said...

I went to girls camp here as the assistant camp nurse for two years and it was weird for me because all the leaders that were mine were still the leaders when I became one. Crazy! I'm glad you had fun! Sounds like you guys are having a fun & busy summer.

MUSIC