So we haven't done much except swim and go to movies. Every time I think about the blog, I think I need to update it, but nothing has really been going on.
We got to have Clayton (a Cousin Jacksons age) come and visit for a week. I think we swam every day except for Sunday. We did go to different pools, thanks to great friends.
We've had 3 baby showers at our house this summer. We have had about 9 pregnant Sisters in our Ward for a while now, and we are at the tail end of it with just 3 left. Our Ward has a lot of families that live in apartments, so I'm happy to open my home and contribute some food. I think our Ward has the Baby Shower down to a science. The kids are tired of it, I think it's because I make them clean. But if it weren't for that I'm not sure the house would be as clean as it was on Thursday night. I'm willing to sacrifice their happiness for the chance to get in good with the expectant Mom - I LOVE THE BABIES!!!! However, today is Saturday morning and it needs to be cleaned up again. I'm ready for that part of summer to be over.
Jackson has had friends over to play xbox, and has even got into the habit of thinking he can invite people over with out consulting a parent. Just a few phone calls and that has stopped.
Bailey has spend a lot of time at Jarahs. Jarah even put her on their pool pass, so we tease her that she is Bailey Lewis. I think Bailey is growing because this week she has slept a ton!
Garrett got his shots and is ready for kindergarten next year, except he told me he doesn't want to wipe his bum. He is still on the small side for his age, but is very in touch with his feeling - the angry one. He can always tell me when he's angry or so very angry. But he starts everyday off telling me "I just love you!" (sometimes he adds a "so very much") And he tells me he's sorry for talking mean to me. He's quite demanding sometimes. I'm just not quite sure what to do with him. I'm ready for him to have more independence.
The kids have all been to the dentist and got their cleanings. Garrett still hates the dentist, and fights him a little, but as long as I'm not holding down his arms he will sit pretty still and just complain.
Russ has worked a ton at his regular job and also with his side business. He has also been working in the back yard. The week I was at Girls Camp there was a horrible storm here and at camp, and our back fence blew down. It's just the divider between our yard and the neighbors, but they have a pool, so I haven't been able to let the kids go out to play unsupervised. We have most of the supplies for them to put a new fence up.
So the most exciting thing that has happened this summer didn't even happen to me, but to my friend Carrie who delivered her baby in an ambulance in front of her house. I was there to keep the kids while they went to the hospital but they didn't make it, so I was there for the whole thing and then got to keep the kids overnight and the next day. Bronson was quite the surprise coming so quickly, and they had waited to find out if they were having a boy or girl too! I kept telling her she would have baby when there was a full moon - and it was past her due date - and he ended up having the most awesome birthday 7-8-09!




3 thoughts:
Thanks for having the shower at your home- it turned out great!! And yes, you have gotten in good with me and will get your share of baby time with our little guy. I can't wait!!
haha i think your little girl is growing ....in a few years you'll have to beating the boys of with a stick!! SHe is a beautiful girl! The baby shower was great! thanks again for the use of your house and all your help! I guess I need to be having another baby in the next couple of years...(since tristan is now a toddler) so that you can have some more babies to love! You're the best!
i miss ya Jessica, we really need to get together and party, or at least talk while we're eating yogurt!
Post a Comment