Wow! Vacation is a lot of work. Garrett is ready to come home. He cried night before last that he wanted to sleep in the car, and I had to put him back in the car and drive around until he fell asleep. The kids have had a blast playing with family and spending every waking moment together. I think us adults are all worn out.
We left for Bear Lake on Saturday. We couldn't wait to get down to the water. We have so much fun there. The water is pretty clear and cold, but you get used to it. The kids can walk out into the water for quite a ways and it's still not too deep. We had a ton of water toys. And we managed to feed and find places to sleep for 20+ people. We returned from Bear Lake on Tuesday. We had such a good time with our family at the lake. I think this is the 3rd time we have done this and it is always so fun. We played on the beach, in the water, on the boat, at the putt-putt golf, at the pool, stayed up late, slept in, played games, played frisbie, played at the playground and had a good time. Garrett didn't like the boat much when it was going fast, but slow he was okay with. Bailey liked it more this time than last. The kids got to ride in a double tube thing, and a banana that holds 3. My kids didn't like riding the toys as fast as I did, but I was able to give them tips and they got a little more confident. No one burned terribly which is always a miracle when we are outside so much. On our way home we stopped in Logan for lunch and then decided to stop by a dairy which was fun for the kids. I did mountains of laundry when we got home.
Wednesday, we relaxed and rested.
Thursday we got together with family. I miss our family that we are close to. They are so fun. I got to do some shopping and found a steel of a deal for Bailey finding some skirts and tops for $1.49 each! A bunch of us girls played a domino game called Spinner last night and had a good time. And Bailey hurt her index finger and thumb pretty bad on the tread mill - 5 cuts and one is pretty bad. If it was much worse, I would have had to take her to the ER, but I think she'll be okay in a few more days.
Today is Friday, we went to the zoo. Our first priority was to find some Dr. Pepper cans to get a pretty good discount. The zoo was busy and we had to park in a parking lot across from the zoo, but inside it didn't seem too busy which was nice because I don't particularly like big crowds of people. We got to see a white alligator which Garrett loved, and a 8 month old giraffe. (got a really cool picture of the baby) We originally thought we would make it downtown too, but our feet were screaming NO! and our bodies were saying: It's too hot! So we came home and showered off the animal smell and I ran out to get pedicures with the girls. We played spinner again and we will go to Provo tomorrow to spend time with more family and friends. We still have a few things we want to do, but if it doesn't happen, it's okay... WE'RE ON VACATION. I've taken lots of pictures and will post them when I know how!




2 thoughts:
Sounds like your trip is going super well. I feel bad we didn't get a chance to get together but I can't wait to see everyone in a few weeks.
Wow, you guys are staying busy! I hear Bear Lake is a great place! Glad you're having a good time
We're excited to have you back to TX soon!
Post a Comment