Life has been the usual busy. I thought I'd have 2 days to relax and do what I wanted when Garrett is in school, but that's not the case. I feel like I'm always going 90 mph with my hair on fire. Today I realize I'd better learn to run faster to keep up with life.
Last night was fun to be with all the girls and moms seeing a midnight showing of Twilight. I won't say anything about it in case you haven't seen it. It just so happened that I also donated blood yesterday. It had nothing to do with Twilight, but my friend Inga said I was taking it a little too far. It's kind of fun to think I have years more of that kind of thing with Bailey. Russ was great to get the kids off to school this morning, and Garrett and I slept until 9am. Today I needed to get a lot done, because I was waiting until the last possible minute of course. So I was finally ready to leave the house, I had my list of things to get for Jackson's Rock Band party (happening right now) and I needed to buckle the car seats back in the van and there's a moving truck blocking my whole driveway. It was fine because I was busy for a few minutes but then my neighbor came over and told me that she was moving out (but not the husband). That broke my heart, they are both great people. She gave me a big hug and I could just feel her hurt and I wished I could help her. They moved the truck and I'm off to Costco, the bank, post office, pick up Presley from preschool, and head to Walmart for the rest of the goodies for Jackson. Fun right? So we are all done, and I finished before I thought I would. I had taken a cooler to put cold stuff in so I wouldn't have to run home. I noticed Presley didn't seem to be feeling good and debated calling her mom, but it was clear on the ride home, and we were almost home, when she said she was going to puke, that I needed to call her mom. Poor thing, she started puking and crying. I called Carrie and told her Presley was sick. Then Garrett started gagging and then he started puking. He has a very sensitive gag reflex apparently. So I called Carrie back to tell her her daughter made my son puke. I felt bad, but it was kind of funny. So I've got food that needs to be brought into the house and kids that need to be changed. I needed some help! So I called Barbie, and she came and helped me get things squared away. Keep in mind I hadn't even attempted to straighten the house yet and either Russ or I had been gone almost every night this week. Thanks Barbie for all your help. So the kids are rockin out, and Russ too. I'm tired just thinking about how busy my day was. I forgot to mention that the missionaries came over for dinner. They got Costco pizza and were happy. I mentioned I saw one of them on a friends blog playing video games and he was a little surprised. I told him most of the ward has blogs and he seemed a little worried that other things may have been shared, but I told him they hadn't. Garrett is full of energy at the moment, someone please tell him it's time to settle down!
11/21/08
No one told me it was going to be puke Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 thoughts:
Whew!!! What a day. Glad that one's over for you.
First....I love your new snowflake background!
Second....I'm glad puke friday is over!
Third....I'm glad you called Barbie, and not ME!!!!
love ya....
All I can say is I'M SORRY. Nothing is worse than a kid puking, let alone someone else's. At least you were laughing about it when you called. I may have had the same gag reflex as Garrett.
I agree with Julie, I really like your new background.
Hey, I'm glad I was around to help. Sounds like everything worked out and Jackson had a great party!
Hey... We had puke Friday at our house, too! Lucky for us, it also turned out to be puke Saturday (mostly in the morning, thank goodness.) Don't you love those kinds of days?!!
oh girl, i wish you i would've known you needed help! i just dropped off my daughter for 3 1/2 hours totally oblivious to it all! (next time call me!)
thanks again for inviting jasmine...she had a blast, and didn't mind being the only girl at all!
Post a Comment