12/9/09

It's so hard to be four!

A bunch of my friends got together for another friends birthday. 3 of us had our kids with us, and Garrett was the youngest by 4 or 5 months. We sat the kids by each other, and we started chatting, when Garrett said "Mom, we're both 5!" (while pointing to one of the other boys) Yes, Garrett thinks he's 5, and some days he thinks he's 6. And he's serious about it. He was so excited that someone else was the same age, except they weren't. He is just so funny, with his little quirks. I'm excited for him to go to kindergarten next year, when he will actually be 5.


Last night, Garrett had his Christmas Program for his preschool. I like that they are a christian school, and can actually HAVE a Christmas Program with the Christmas songs we all know. He told me he was nervous. I didn't even know he knew what it meant. So I told him that the only people that would be looking at him would be his family because all the other parents would be looking at their son/daughter. He was so much better after that. He actually cried and didn't want to go to school last week because of this I think. Anyways, he pretty much just stood there during the whole program. He was in the exact center too. He put his hands in his pockets, scratched his face and stayed out of every ones way that was doing the hand motions for some of the songs. He had his patented looks of disgust on his face except for during the one song he did kind of sing, which was Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer. I was relieved when I started looking around at the other kids, there were a few others that weren't singing either. One of them being his friend Mason. He is such a cute little boy. Mason and Garrett get along really well. I just have to tell you that Mason loves peanut butter, but he doesn't bring it to school just so he can sit by Garrett at lunch.

2 thoughts:

Omgirl said...

Oh, the Christmas preschool program....the best one I ever went to was for my nephew York. When he got on the risers, he turned his back to the back wall and stayed that way THE WHOLE TIME. Not much of a performer, huh? Anyway, it could have been worse!

The Martone Memories said...

What a good friend Mason is. I love kids!

MUSIC