10/29/08

Sleep, need more sleep

Poor Garrett is not feeling well. He has had a fever, runny nose, cough, and puked a few times and so he's not sleeping well, or eating much. And since he seems to be pretty scared of sleeping upstairs, he's with us which means I'm not sleeping well. So we went to the doctor today, for the 3rd time since his preschool started. He says it's hard to diagnose asthma in small children but that Garrett has a lot of the symptoms, along with his food and drug allergies, and eczema. He pretty much will need to have a regular medication schedule to try and prevent any flare ups through the winter, and here's my favorite part, he recommended a flu shot. He's already not Garrett's favorite person from his last shots, and I always have to tell him he's not getting a shot when we go. Guess I won't be saying that on the day we go. Russ has be great doing the dishes and keeping up with some of the kids stuff since Garrett wants me to hold him a lot. And Russ has worked some crazy hours, with hardly any sleep, he's amazing.

4 thoughts:

Shelly Kenison said...

YOU NEED A GIRLS NIGHT! Why don't you just fly to Utah for a weekend and I will pamper you and let you sleep as much as you like!

Holly said...

No fun! I'm sorry y'all aren't getting much rest. Can I help? I can bring Bailey home with me tomorrow if you want to take a nap!?!? Let me know!

The Martone Memories said...

You poor thing, I'm sorry Garrett isn't feeling well. And I know all about that lack of sleep thing. Do you need a cake to make y'all feel better, I happen to have one! hehe

joana said...

having a sick kiddo is the worst...you wish so bad that you could trade places them. i liked that you recognized your hubby for helping out. i remember when i was a single mom being up all night with sick kids and then having to get up at 5:30 for work the next morning and then work all day, and so on and so on. i wished so bad i had someone to help me. anyways, those days are over. whew! ladies, give your husbands an extra kiss tonight (if they deserve it:)

MUSIC