3/27/08

Thursday

Ok, I think I love every day of the week for different reasons. I love Thursday, because tomorrow is FRIDAY! I love Friday, because I don't usually have to fight with the kids about bedtime, because I let them stay up a little late. I like Saturday because we can play as a family, which we always, ALWAYS, opt to play instead of other stuff. And Sunday is the day of rest, much needed after Friday night and Saturday play.
So Wednesday was Cub Scouts, and I'm the Assistant Bear Leader (happy to be the Assistant BTW) and we combine with the Wolf Leader and group, and we all went to the Fire Station. The boys had very interesting questions, some repeat questions, some questions that needed translating, some silly, some good, and some crazy. My favorite was if they could clean up nuclear waste, and they said they would be headed in the opposite direction - good answer! And then since I'm already gone for the night, I headed on over to Shelly's house for a movie with Barbie, Carrie, Shelly and myself. Shelly made smoothies with rice milk, and it was great of course. She is an awesome cook and I would love to have her teach me some things. Barbie was just plain silly, I think she was tired from the start, and Carrie was funny with bringing a Dr. Pepper for one and chilling it in the freezer. Thanks to Shelly's hubby for putting up with our silliness. And so today I'm tired. And to update you on Fern, she is doing better, but I need to find another spot for her that is not next to my kitchen sink.....I still think she's too high maintenance for me, but I'll give it a try.

3 thoughts:

The Martone Memories said...

Tell your boys I can clean up nuclear waste, I do it every day, just ask my son about his diapers! And girls nights rock, can't go without a DP!

Erickson Fam said...

A trip to the fire station sounds pretty cool!
I was really silly, I guess it did have a lot to do with being tired when I got there. I'm ready for another late night out when you are.

Poor fern, maybe 'she' needs to be adopted?

Shelly Kenison said...

Glad to hear that fern is doing well. Thanks for making your crazy evening a little crazier by coming over. I know it is late, but so worth it!

MUSIC