5/20/08

Just a nice day

Well, after being up in the middle of the night, my great husband let me sleep in until 11am. He spoils me. He woke me up by telling me he wanted to take me out to lunch. So I got up and got ready, and then realized he wasn't ready and neither was Garrett. I thought maybe he was teasing me, but he quickly got ready. We went to Carino's and Garrett loved the bread, which is funny because it usually isn't his thing. He loved biting into the ends. Then we ran a few errands and picked the kids up from school. Russ wanted to get the grass cut and wash his car. We hit a record of 99, and I had just been surprised that in Nevada they hit 103, guess we weren't that far behind them. So Russ washed his car and then asked Jackson to come help with the lawn. He said that if Jackson learned to cut the lawn, Bailey could take over the trash duties. Jackson went inside, which is usually in indication that it's not going to happen. Russ was not happy. But Jackson surprised us all by coming out with socks and shoes and his ipod ready to go. He did great. He's growing up!! I washed the van (had to do it twice!) and vacuumed it. I even washed some of the carpet that was super sticky from a spilled slurpee. I have never washed the van before, but since Russ got his new car, mine doesn't get done. I even did the wheels. It is nice to have a clean van, and it's mostly white again. Garrett wasn't too into the water and getting wet, but by the end of evening he was soaked head to toe and he even got me soaked. It was fun to be outside with the kids and get a big job done.

5 thoughts:

The Martone Memories said...

Go Jackson, I can't wait until Sam is old enough to do that, oh wait! Yes I can, because then he won't be my little baby anymore. Anything to get out of trash duties, huh?

Jenni said...

It actually was 109 here-that weather thing lies!!

Jarah said...

That sounds like so fun! Jackson is getting so grown up.

Shelly Kenison said...

How nice to have kids old enough to mow the lawn! I knew kids were good for something. I hope the van stays clean for a few days for you, mine never does for long.

Erickson Fam said...

How fun, sounds like a great day.
I tried pulling weeds, but it was a little too hot for me.
I totally forgot about boys being able to mow the lawn... that's going to be a nice day in my house! Way to go Jackson!!

MUSIC