5/4/08

Updates, Random, Long

We have now all been on our meds for 3 days. Everyone seems to be doing fine. Except now everyone but me has somewhat of a cough. Strange. I guess I'll take the kids in the morning and check with the school nurse that it's okay for them to go. Jackson said 2 kids in his class were diagnosed with Pertussis. NICE!!! I'll be checking on that, if I can.

We had a Tri-Stake Conference today. We are now in a Stake different from the city we live. But since things around here change pretty much yearly, we'll see what they can come up with for next year. We were encouraged to attend the adult session, since a lot of administrative things we be going on today. We opted not to go, since it hadn't quite been 24 hours on meds. I can see why they said that. So many people, in my opinion, was a little distracting. And as always, my kids were very distracting. And lets start on the list of things I saw. I saw a toddler have pretzels, gold fish, and at least 6 dum-dum suckers. I saw a little girl sitting on her Dad's lap watching a dvd. I don't get it. I saw a teenage girl with toenails longer than they should be with a french manicure hanging off her sandals, looking like they would scrape the cement at any moment. It gives me the chills, gross! Sorry, it just bothers me. But the best thing I saw was families sitting together, some struggling like us, some not. I've got to figure out what the secret is!!! And it was so nice to know that we all shared so many of the same feelings. We wanted to know what the big announcement would be, we all wanted to partake of the spirit, we wanted to hear what our leaders would be inspired to share with us. My favorite part was seeing the babies. I have always, always, always loved babies, and it touched my heart to see these mothers caring for their babies. They were all so cute! It brought back my memories of caring for my babies, sweet memories.

And I just have to share that last night Garrett was jumping off a recliner and trying to scale a wall, I know. I told him he wasn't Spider-man. He said he was. I let him jump again, but he miscalculated and the wall won. He stood up and said he was not Iron-man. So if you see him, don't get it mixed up. He makes us laugh all the time.

Bailey and I have had a chance to steel some time together. She is getting older. She is growing up. She was so fun to hang out with. She calls it "Girl Time". And it is usually her planning a shopping trip, which I have to be mentally and physically prepared for, it's more of an event with her. She still has not lost ANY teeth. And now I think we have figured it out. I think one is coming in behind her teeth, so it's not pushing her other teeth out of the way. So, we'll probably be making payments on a boat for an orthodontist soon.

I have to mention Jackson, he was embarrassed that I posted about his fake fever. He is growing into somewhat of a helper. He is a very sensitive and caring person. He has been struggling with a classmate, and he said he just wanted them to be friends. He amazes me, this kid calls him names and hits him, and he just wants the kid to stop and be friends. And he was so brave during this last week. I would not be excited about what he had done. And especially the unknown of what exactly they were going to do on the first visit, not liking it, and having to go back.

1 thoughts:

The Martone Memories said...

Your kids are so sweet. And I really want to see Garrett scale that wall. I can see it now. And seriously, my stomach is literally turning as I think of you actually writing about gross feet. I am not just saying it, it really is, GROSS!

MUSIC