Truth be told, I'm not the biggest fan of Valentine's Day. Russ and I decided a few years ago, that we don't go out to dinner on big holidays, ie: Valentines, New Years, etc. This comes from the experience of waiting over an hour for a table. And we also decided not to buy each other gifts, or at least not something expensive or big. This came from Russ' repeated attempts to get me something "unique" or "different". Sorry Honey, I still love you! This year I got some cookies, thankfully they are ok on points, I think he forgot the weight watchers attempt AND he always writes me the BEST cards. He's the best hubby. He also got me some perfume, and he got some pistachios and a chocolate bar. Which brings me to my next story. Oh, and the kids got lots of candy, almost like they went trick-or-treating, but valentines.
So, last night, Russ got home and I didn't have everything I needed for dinner, so I asked him to go to the store. Keep in mind what I needed was $1. He came home excited, he got pistachios because they were buy one get one free but they were still $12 - he's suck a sucker for buy one get one free! It cracks me up. A few months ago I sent him to the store and he came home with like five 12 packs of cokes. (one of which was diet cherry chocolate dr.pepper - i don't know what he was thinking! it was wrong)
2/14/08
Valentines Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 thoughts:
See, I told you I would post everyday. Vday is fun, but I'm with you, I would rather not spend crazy amounts of money. Chad surprised me by picking up dinner so I wouldn't have to cook, it was perfect.
Isn't it amazing how sweet the notes from our husbad are!?! Nothing is better to me than a sweet note from the heart.
By the way, I'm so excited that you're doing a blog now!
love it, love it, love it.
Post a Comment