6/11/08

The 7th day of Summer

We have had a fun week. Jackson has had a football camp for the mornings. We went swimming on Tuesday and picked Jackson up and headed to the doctor. He will be doing another sleep study because he is still having symptoms of sleep apnea. Then today Jackson didn't feel like going to the football camp so he stayed home. We had lunch with Julia and Jarah and the kids. The kids have a lot of fun together and get along really well. Then I crashed for a bit when we got home. Russ got home late so we ate late. Then tomorrow is garbage day so Russ and Jackson headed out to do that, and of course Bailey and Garrett had to go. They were all playing outside and then we had an emergency, Jackson hit his leg on the brick wall and got a nasty gash. It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. He wanted Mom and Dad to both go so I called the best sister and aunt - Jarah !!! She kept Bailey and Garrett. We headed to the ER. That's always fun - RIGHT?!#$ It was actually good timing, there were about 4 other people there, but by the time we actually saw a medical person, 2 hours later, the waiting room was full, another 45 minutes and a $75 co-pay before it was all said and done. I am so thankful for medical insurance!! Jackson did great, he even ended up watching the doc sew him up, 7 beautiful stitches and it makes kind of a smiley face below his knee, and the doc drew a smiley face on it too. So much for looking forward to a night relaxing at home. All in a days work, I'll take it any day, there's always tomorrow. Jackson is making it hard for us to go swimming. He got a bad burn (blisters) on the 2nd of June when he went on a field trip, so he's still healing, and now the knee! There's no way I'm taking him swimming with an open wound, maybe he can work on his tan....

5 thoughts:

Jarah said...

That is so crazy!! I'm glad I could help. I'm here anytime:)

Erickson Fam said...

OH NO! Looks like you had a fun night. Poor guy. I think the little smile is kinda cute though.
Yes, no open wounds when you go swimming!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that Jackson survived! Take the kids to the museum or zoo or somewhere where he can have fun without being in water.

Shelly Kenison said...

What a horrible start to summer. I hope that this means you have all the bad stuff behind you, and now the rest of summer can be blissful!

Penny said...

Kids and the ER, go together like peanut butter and jelly. Glad everything turned out OK.

MUSIC