6/19/08

Kicking and Screaming

Today was an adventure for sure! We started off the day with taking Jackson back to the ER to get the stitches removed. I had a bad experience going to the doctor to get Garrett's staples out, so I just prefer to visit the ER. They were really fast. Jackson had it in his head that it was going to hurt and he wanted them to numb it. There were tears when she said they didn't do that, but after one removal, he was fine for the rest. Then it was Bailey and Garrett's turn for an adventure. And I'm probably a mean Mom, but I didn't tell Bailey that she was going to get her blood taken because I didn't want to suffer the drama. Every time I have mentioned it, she is terrified. It was a good cover that we were going for Garrett. So I went in to "see if they were busy" and warn them of the 2 children that needed to been seen. They were great with the kids. Of course when Bailey discovered why we were there, the screaming and flailing of arms and legs started. Russ held her and talked to her and it was over in no time. Then poor Garrett's turn. He did great, less screaming and kicking than Bailey. There isn't anything wrong with Bailey and Garrett in case you were wondering. They have allergies, and a blood test gives them an actual number and they can see if their allergy is getting better/worse/ or staying the same since their last test, and they can test for a whole slew of things. It's been 3 years since Bailey was tested, and 2 for Garrett. Then we had lunch at Applebee's which took almost 2 hours due to our very slow service, and that's being nice. Crazy day!

2 thoughts:

Penny said...

I remember those days of kicking and screaming when we went to the doctor with my kids. I even remember the decoy way my mom got Pam and me to the health center for our immunizations. She thought she was being sly, but we figured it out real quick, and then the tears flowed. But thank goodness for modern medicine.

Erickson Fam said...

Oh man! sounds like a wonderful summer day. jeez.
I'm glad to hear it's over. I hope the test come back that they can have PB for dinner tonight!!

MUSIC